Thursday 27 September 2012

Family of Five


It's a priviladge for me to share about my family with everyone. Especially because of it's unusual structure. I'm a proud member of a Family of Five (God the Father, Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit, me and my son).
 
 
 
A bit of history, I come from a family of six, my parents, two brothers and a sister. I love big families. The dynamics and interactions, the love, the forgiveness, the growth and challenges. So when I had my son we were, according to my norms down to a family of four. My little sister and brother, me and my son. For a while that was all that mattered to me. Keeping my family together because it was not growing big but something seemed to be making it smaller by the day. My brother grew up and moved out, my sister got married and moved out. Now we were down to two *sigh*.
 
 
 
Then God introduced Himself to me. What a lovely experience! I always relied on God to provide me with tools to raise my son and to manage my finances and all that. But this time He introduced Himself, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit as the members of my family. Not as my God three in One but as individuals that have a say in my family, who bring different dynamics to the functions of my family. All of a sudden my love of big families was renewed and restored. My conversations with my family came back, instead of baby talk and mommy talk, I was having conversations about how to structure my work functions, what my day was like and ask for ideas to feed my son. All that Love a family has was back, the forgiveness when I didn't consult or share myself with God, the growth in my Spirit and interaction with the Holy Spirit. I'm not kidding! I wake up and I'm aware that each day is going to be different!!!
 
 
I've learned so much from my family and I appreciate the interchangable roles they play in my life and my son's life. Sometimes, my son's prayer still ask for a brother/sister and a husband for his mommy. Then my prayer becomes that God must fill his tiny heart with enough love to wait for the right husband for me and then eventually brothers/sisters. I often ask Him to visit my boy in his dreams and talk with him.


 
Through out I've always associated the Holy Spirit with a mother figure, I ask Him to tell me when I'm being harsh, how to calm my son and all those motherly things my mother would have done. Jesus has always been where I go about advise for relationships, family and love, daily love. Father always as the director of my life, the things I feel should move mountains, career growth, should I apply or not. But I've grown to call on them for conversation, jokes and light moments. Sometimes I pick up my phone to call my sister or a friend and I feel a nudge that says "no I'm here, tell Me".
 
 
 
I know the promise God has made on my life with regard to my husband and family. But this means so much more to me, they will be an addition to this family as well and join this loving relationship we (5) already have. But this gives me a new freedom or sharing, loving and caring for a family I love.  
 
 
 
I pray this blesses you in seeing God outside what He can do for you but who He is for you!
 
 
Love and passion
Gugu Mchunu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.