Tuesday 14 June 2016

Tattooed in Your name


I didn’t know how tattooed Your name was at the seams of my life until I came undone. I came apart inside with scars no eye could see. The stitches of my mind became so loose that I looked like an old rag no one wanted to touch. See I couldn’t have known that You were already weaving me back together when rejection was my friend until You called me Yours!





I didn’t know how etched Your nailed hands were at the dawn my life until I tried to breath. I was suffocating from the chaotic air of my desires. Each breath of this life rotted my body and tore me to shreds no one had the strength to pick up. See I couldn’t have known that You planted Your Holy Spirit deep within me when death was an open door until You called me Peace!



I didn’t know how drenched with Your blood my soul was until my heart refused to pump. The sickening flattery of words of man knocked and locked themselves in the chambers of my heart. Every beat my heart echoed the stench of misery and choked my arteries doctors refused to operate on. See I couldn’t have known that You established your word in my heart when mockery was my guide until You called me Righteous!














But mostly, I didn’t know how precious you thought I was until I thought myself worthless. Each step I took and plan I made ended with a steal wall of no-entry and detour. A welcome defeat with sweat and tears and a face I couldn’t look at. See I couldn’t have known that Your face is in my eye when self-loathing was my blanket until You called me Conqueror!











I didn’t know how tattooed you’re your name was at the seams of my life until I came undone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.